24 March 2006

Sock planning

Even though I'm still knitting my first sock, I've decided there will be more and I have the sock wool ready and waiting. Taking advantage of a free shipping offer from the US, I bought Fleece Artist, Cherry Tree Hill, Opal Handpainted, Cascade Fixation and Sisu glittery sock wool:


Of course I need sock patterns to make socks and I bought Sensational Knitted Socks, Vintage Socks and Folk Solks to get some inspiration. Just need lots more time now to knit them!

I also decided to knit a Fickle Fingers scarf from Interweave Knits Winter 2005 magazine. The only place I found to buy the Zitron Ethno wool was in Germany and a couple of balls of Trekking sock wool also found their way into my basket. I like the subtle tweedy effect and should be able to use these for a lace type sock without detracting from the pattern too much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home