07 March 2006

Rhapsody in pink

I'm now the proud owner of a hat and scarf set:

I used Rowan Chunky Print in shade Rhapsody to knit a moss stitch hat and a chunky rib scarf. Both patterns were from 'hats gloves scarves' by Louisa Harding. The hat was a little taller than I expected and I adjusted the seam position to take out some of its coneheadedness. I have to wear the brim turned over to be able to see though! The scarf is seriously long at 2m - it could double as a draft excluder if necessary. It was a relief to knit something fast and simple as a change from the lace pattern scarf and I really like the colours together.

My next project is going to be the Daisy scarf from Rowan magazine 38. My brother bought me the wool for Christmas and I'm using the same Kid Classic in Battle as the scarf shown in the magazine. The 'cluster 5' pattern seems to be quite challenging, so I have done my homework and found some additional intructions before starting. Just need to finish off my Leisel scarf - only a couple of pattern repeats to go now!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:28 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the colour of your hat and scarf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home