14 February 2006

Valentine's Day

I made my husband a coffee, chocolate and walnut cake for Valentine's Day. We were so keen to sample it the photo had to wait! Advice of the day: never underestimate the power of home baking.

My order from Jimmy Beans Wool arrived yesterday. The Aurora 8 (11 light olive) is for a Backyard Leaves scarf and the Touch Me (3623 light mauve) is for a Vintage Velvet scarf, both from Scarf Style. Both are the recommended yarns for the designs, although I chose a different colour for the Vintage Velvet scarf. Somehow I made a mistake with the number of balls of Touch Me and I had to order two more. Luckily they had some left from the same lot number. The instructions say to felt the Touch Me by hot washing and then tumble drying. I'll have to do this at my parent's because I don't have a tumble dryer, although I wonder if this step is really necessary?

I had a look through some of the designs in Wrap Style today and I can't decide whether to buy it or not. I know the poncho has had it's day, but there were some cute wraps and capelets too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home